March 5, 2014 by Lainey
So BBA students, you probably thought that this post had something to do with Spring Breakers, the movie. Well, you’d be partially right! In this week’s series of Spring Forward, we’re going to figure out what kind of spring break is best for you! Feel free to ask questions about these opportunities and, if you missed the application deadlines already, put them on your calendar so you can apply next year!
1. Do you just want to have fun while exploring who you are as an individual?
UT RecSports Spring Break Trip – Grand Canyon
Take a break from school and start thinking about the direction you want to go in life. Spend a week exploring a beautiful stretch of the Rio Grande. The trip continues for 85 miles, traversing through open desert, rugged hills and deep canyons in one of the most remote areas of the country.
If you’re not sure what you want to do this Spring Break, be sure to check out this opportunity to explore the world around you as well as have fun with other UT students on this UT RecSports sponsored trip. The application due date has already passed, but be sure to apply next year if you’re interested in going!
Does the need for exploration flow through your veins? Check out our career shadowing opportunities to explore your career this semester!
2. Do you want to meet employers while making a humanitarian difference in communities around the United States?
Help rebuild broken communities and help youth in need during your Spring Break. Provide educational support for at-risk youth through various educational programs located around the nation. In places ravaged by natural disasters, your help is needed to get families back on their feet. You’ll be separated into teams and get to know dozens of other like-minded individuals as you all work together to change lives during Spring Break.
3. Does your face look like this when people ask you what you want to do this Spring Break?
Volunteer Match – Help out in your local community.
Don’t sweat it if you’re still not sure what you’re going to be doing this Spring Break! Students of all ages can find ways to build their resume and make a difference in the world. If you want to stay closer to home, you can look for local opportunities through this site and make your own “alternative spring break.”
Remember, you’re in college not just for the grades that’ll someday get you a job. It’s times like these that remind you to discover parts of yourself that will make you the ultimate version of you.
Can’t get enough of spring break? Check out these other resources that I’ve found on the Internet to help you with your search. *Note: The McCombs BBA Career Services does not endorse an of the following organizations.
1. Doctor/Veterinary Experiences – http://vidavolunteertravel.org/
2. Build a Habit for Humanity – http://www.habitat.org/youthprograms/
3. Teach for America with Deloitte – http://goo.gl/WXfGNk
4. Cross-Cultural Solutions – http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org
5. Promoting Education – http://outreach360.org/volunteer/college/
6. Humanitarian Services – http://www.breakadifference.org/
7. Volunteering during Vacation Time – http://packforapurpose.org/about-us
8. Stop Desert Deaths – http://goo.gl/JUoYos
9. Volunteer Abroad Opportunities – http://www.gooverseas.com/volunteer-abroad
10. Urban Art and Parks – www.thesca.org/serve/program/alternative-spring-break
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s Spring Forward Blog Series. See you next week!
Brought to you by: