February 26, 2015 by texasbbacareerservices
The BBA Women’s Council Leadership Symposium provides BBA women with the opportunity to recognize inherent challenges women face in the work place and rise above them. Discuss personal branding, negotiation, and other skills while making lasting connections with employers and other BBA women.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend:
- Learn from others! These are strong, successful, empowered employer reps that want to help you in along your career path by giving of their time. They have experience that is invaluable and most of all they want to share it to benefit you. This Symposium is a great opportunity to connect with that company you’ve had your eye on!
- Personal Branding is more important now than ever. With the prevalence of social media and ease of access, knowing how to present yourself in a way that leads you to your next career move can make all the difference.
- Negotiation can bridge the gap. Lack of negotiation by women accounts for a lot of the major differences in salary between men and women alike. Learn effective negotiation strategies, when negotiation is appropriate, and set yourself up for success.
- Develop Leadership. Recruiters love hearing about times you have taken advantage of opportunities to better yourself. It shows you are self-aware and care about improvement. What better way than the Leadership Symposium?
- Free food. Need I say more? Breakfast, Lunch and beverage service.
- Employers include: Accenture, Altria Group Distribution Company, AT&T, Dimensional Fund Advisors, E&J Gallo Winery, Oracle, PepsiCo-Frito-Lay, Protiviti, Union Pacific Railroad, USAA, Walmart, Walgreens, Wells Fargo, and Yelp!
If you have class and can only attend part of the time, we’d still love to have you participate for part of the Symposium!! See Event Agenda below.
- Who can attend: All BBA Women
- When: Friday March 6, 2015 from 8:30am -1:30pm
- Where: Etter-Harbin Alumni Center
- Register today!
- Attire: Business Casual
- Questions? Contact Merri Su Ruhmann: MerriSu.Ruhmann@mccombs.utexas.edu
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Check-in
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Breakfast
9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Breakout Session #1
11:00 a.m. – noon Breakout Session #2
Noon – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Open Networking